Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Like I Said: "Bouncing Ball"

Wow what a day if you played a fade. It was tempting, but i figured V was ALOT less risky. I almost broke even last year. It all could have changed based on 2 bad trades. And this year I lost a few thou. So, itʻs time to go semi-conservative again... preservation to participate on the big day. Straight up stock...

So 400 points the previous day... So, left them puts in play. Guess what, all the Ag related puts i suffered holding will turn green tomorrow, they already broke even the day after that huge rally. HELLO!!! Itʻs a bear market.

You know this guy i know called Gio (who sometimes leaves remarks here), told me this thing he does...
On triple digit days...be a contrarian for the day. (Of course I add my addition, with a long trend on going bear), So if the Dow is up like yesterday, buy them cheap puts... he especially likes SKF & FXP. Very sensitive and volume friendly. Then when then Dow gets pounded, short the SKF/FXP. pretty simple huh. But itʻs easier to position to on a DOW triple green day... why HELLO!!! Itʻs a bear market.

Btw, V. Itʻs a LONG...LONG...LONG. It may take some time to make some $$$ with it. But hey, it doesnʻt expire like options. If anything, when the options start happening on V. Then buy a few insurance puts for V. Make money both ways.

Btw, you want a big date for a huge swing day in the next month? April 23. AAPL reports...

1 comment:

Gio said...

And now the Dow is up almost 300. Go figure. I can't believe I covered my shorts in SKF yesterday at the close! I got shook out. hehe.

mostly cash here. I have small positions in FXP and SKF, just bcuz today was a headfake rally.
-gio