Monday, October 8, 2007

First "Outside" Post

Posting this from work (415am). It's way too early to do anything with my positions. I am grateful that i'm up today, since it was part of the plan. I and a buddy thot the market was closed today. Nice suprise!

Some days are just plain good. They don't happen very often. I can list 2 specific stocks of the past TIE(4/2006) & AAPL(1/2007). NOW or TODAY: RIMM & AAPL, and some VMW. My biggest gains %age wise.

RIMM: I do have some sellers remorse(sold Jan113.5calls way too early & Oct120calls tho moving the risk to Nov115 & 120 was logical). My concern involves again moving my RIMM calls. I may miss part of the ride, but i think it will pay off.

AAPL: will be on fire for today and maybe tomorrow. I have no doubt it will get to 200. In the money calls in the same month will help depress the downside, tho somewhat limit potential gains. I am thinking of putting some crazy far-out LEAP call for them when there's a huge Red day.

VMW: it doesn't have as much stock in the open market, but then again, it's under the radar. just sticking to the basic rule of diversifying. wish i was a bit more bullish on Apple instead.

PLAN: Sell RIMM positions at the end of the day & reset to different calls.(it's tempting to hold) Let AAPL & VMW ride, they're protected a bit more than RIMM.

No comments: