Monday, October 8, 2007

WHOH!

Green everywhere for my tech positions: RIMM, AAPL, VMW.

RIMM: I followed my rule on 150% gains. sold Nov120calls. If thereʻs short-term upside this week, i placed a meager Nov135call position. The potential return would offset any regret in possibly getting out early and satisfy the "i should have sold syndrome". With that in mind, I left the Nov115calls (in the money) alone for the ride.

AAPL: they report Oct 22. there will be much news before we get there. Leaving the in the money stuff alone. I donʻt work the night before so iʻll be able to think about the position that day. an opportunity awaits as blowout earnings is usually followed a day or 2 by huge dips. I will have some cash on hand for that time.

VMW: iʻm treating Jan90calls as a regular stock. they have no significant following during earnings. so this will be a test.

No comments: