Friday, November 21, 2008

Summary: FXI puts, NOC puts, HTX & AUY

I tried to squeeze out as much profit from my FXI puts. I did ok, but i wish i sold the thing yesterday. It all still landed a 25%+ profit. And my exit was just before FXI buyers came in.

I also sold a put on NOC and left the other alone. It was one of those trades i didnt think would do much until next year. But hey $25 one week $125 the next... pretty sweet. Maybe i should have sold both... Too late. (Anyway, you now have an idea of how much my portfolio has turned poor because of bad management. It used to be a modest 5 figures for years - it is down to four)

I bought HTX with the proceeds.... just as it was breaking higher.
(I had THX puts in place since Tuesday to protect the stock).

And i sold AUY with the thought of buying even cheaper...AZK or a GLD call. But i ran out of time...

The point is that it pays to plan things out... this was my most thought out plan that actually worked (for now). And had i looked at GLD earlier, i would have got in. People are getting out of banks and back into Gold...

Those actual bars of metal that Tim bought were a good idea...

FYI, Brian... no more credit to you until i get my pay out. but thx...

No comments: