Thursday, January 17, 2008

Leaving Portfolio Alone

AAPL bounced happened. glad i closed that short-term put. hopefully it sets up flat prior to earnings...

Left STX, JPM, WFC, DECK puts in play...

CAL survived last Q. it seems airlines will continue to enjoy a drop in fuel prices. but that will be tempered by fewer travelers. long-term/fundamentally it doesnt look good for them

LVS is near it's lows. I'm trying to add HET puts. They have been resistant to falling, i don't think it's gonna last very long from here.

Ag is falling... in particular MON. whew glad i closed that position last week.

Progress for the year so far, the only failure has been AAPL (huge failure). Otherwise, my positions have leaned green or closed out close to cost.

In this bear market, there are too many choices...

3 comments:

Gio said...

MON!! Why didn't I short that high flier?

Anyway, get this, I'm shorting FXP... so in reality, I'm long the Xinhua. Weird.

Gio said...

Seagate... I remember that one. Made money on that about a year ago. I'm just thinking if IBM and INTC news already priced in the drop on STX. Doesn't STX report soon? Tomorrow or today. Hmmm.

stucktrader said...

Gio,

i guess u must have found out STX reported today... I was in field. Too bad i forgot to buy MER puts also...